Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthday!

Well it is my birthday today! So far all is going as planned. I slept in (possibly the most important plan on my list!) The rest of the day I plan on crocheting and gardening. I really want to work more on the shawl I'm making. And I really want to work in my garden. My parents brought me a picnic table and two benches last night. I need to find a pretty place to put them.

I was out at the Natural Gardener earlier this week. I bought probably too many plants and now I need to finish putting them in the ground. I already planted one thai basil, a pumpkin, 2 butternut squash, 2 acorn squash and 2 okra that I bought there. I have bean seeds planted now around my corn as well.

Today I want to add more soil to 6 other okra that are growing and to a couple of peppers that I have growing in a container. I also need to turn up some soil and get 9 more tomatoes in the ground. I will have a ring of 6 tomatoes and then another ring with 3 cucumber and 3 tomatoes. I would also like to buy a nice trellis and plant an apple gourd near it. Once I know where I'll put that I'll probably plant my watermelon and asian melon nearby. That will take care of the veggies that I bought.

I also have more basil to plant, some mint, marigolds and moss rosses, an autumn fern and many many other things. See, I did buy too many plants haha!

Ok off to get my fingers dirty!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. It sounds like you have a great day planned! I wish i could be in the garden but we are still having snow. I hope your Birthday went as planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'll have to come over & enjoy your garden this year because it doesn't look like I'll be able to have my summer garden. Buy more okra so I can come & get okra for grilling! :)
    Keep your Spinone out of the gardens!
    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Intarsia darlin' I didn't forget!

    ReplyDelete