Monday, November 9, 2009

Tatting!

Well I have been taking a class in tatting. Two weeks ago the class ended. I would like to share a few photos of some of my accomplishments. I began tatting back in August and took a class this past month. These photos are not necessarily in order of date completed.

I just bought a nice 5x7 binder with acid free sleeves to put these pieces in. The only problem I have with it is the top is open and the pieces could fall out. I plan on trying to put them in order with dates finished, but so far they are in there randomly by pretty colors.


Some of my first silly pieces: butterflies, fish and running person.
A flock of doves.
First larger piece: boomkark.
Something for the holidays.
Celtic knot pumpkin--was harder than it looked. Not sure I knotted correctly.
Self Closing Mock Rings were my bane in the tatting class. The right is my first attempt. The left is my attempt just this past week after our kind instructor, Cynthia, stayed an hour after class to help a few of us with this technique.

Jellyfish....
ok ok it was supposed to be a fan, but I'm not good at split chains.
Autumn leaf. I did this back in August I think. The first thing I did with the online group.
Ringtrim. A cute design from AnneB.
I had to use regular split rings as I couldn't figure out the single shuttle split ring.
I <3>
A cute piece I did on my own.
Spanish Insertion. I need to block it, but I don't think that will help the spray of picots that shoot out in all directions. This is actually a very early piece, I'd like to think I'm better now.
My first very complicated piece.
I've learned enough in class I think I could climb from level to level a little more daintily now. And I think blocking would help this piece.
Split Ring Flower. Split rings were kinda fun to learn!

3 comments:

  1. i love the red/purple design you did on your own! that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sylvia. I keep thinking I need to put that red/purple design on something with the heart above it. They are so pretty together.

    And I didn't mean I made the design up. Wish I had, but I took it out of a book. I meant to say I didn't do this with the class, that was just something extra I was working on by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tatting examples! I always wanted to learn to tat. One of these days I'll get to it. Right now I'm learning to play the Ukulele :-)

    ReplyDelete