Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fly Free Mimsy budgie

Well a couple of days ago I lost one of my little budgies. She was only about 4.5 years old. The vet believes it was either liver or respiratory disease. She hid her illness well. I had no idea. We ended up spending quite a bit at the vet office on her, but to no avail. I probably would have let her slip quietly away had I believed she was deathly ill. I thought she had broken a blood feather. She was having a serious moult. I had never seen her growing so many feathers in at once. I thought she was weakened from the blood loss because such a small bird doesn't have much blood to begin with. The illness overtook her and she left us around 10:30pm on Thursday the 12th.

I miss her. I have one other female budgie and she looks very depressed. I have two male budgies and they are singing and causing a raucous as is typical for them. I think in a day or two they will have once again lifted Myrtle's spirits and hopefully she will move on and not mourn her little companion of 4.5 years for too long. Mimsy and Myrtle used to always be found without a doubt side by side on a perch. It is sad seeing Myrtle sitting alone as the boys are too busy to settle down and just perch with her.

Fly free my sweet little Mimsy budgie.

I always thought she had such beautiful colorings of blue and yellow.
Here Myrtle (left) and Mimsy (right) keep each other company.
Again, Mimsy (left) and Myrtle (right) are inseparable.
This is a photo of Borogove (left), Mimsy (center) and Myrtle (right) when Boro and Mimsy were still babies. Myrtle was already an adult when they came to keep her company.

No comments:

Post a Comment