Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New goodies!

Its been a crazy week this past week. Actually all month has been pretty nutz. I thought I deserved to be spoiled a little, so I went ahead and did the honors.

For my tatting pleasure, I bought some new picot gauges and a new shuttle that is shaped like a fish. I bought them from Georgia Seitz. I like them. The fish took a little getting used to and since it is so large I really cannot tat with it quickly.



I did this small bookmark to test out my new supplies. Actually I say small bookmark, but this is the second time I have made this and this one is longer. If you look close on one end you can see that I used a pull thread to hide my ends. Didn't do such a great job. Maybe if I rinse it and then use my fingers to reshape it, the piece will look better.


And because what girl really has enough hobbies? So I went out and bought a drop spindle! I'm so excited. I got the Hi-Lo spindle by Schacht. My first attempt was not so good. My second attempt was a little better. Then I found a video showing how to park and draft. This worked a little better. The left is a piece from my first hour of attempting to spin. As you can see there is some on the spool from my park and draft attempt and I really like how it is coming out. On the right is some roving I bought for when I can get a little more consistent.


And for those keep tabs on me. I'm caught up with my nano-wrimo novel. I am at 48.5k now and counting! I expect to win by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment