Saturday, September 25, 2010

The 5 Things

What five things would I bring if I were running away, going into hiding or camping.

If I had answered this a few days ago I would have said:

1) Kleenex
2) Medicine--cough meds, stuffy head meds, fever reducer meds, pain meds, throat lozenges
3) More kleenex
4) Warm blanket for when I was freezing cold, and that I could kick off when fever sweating
5) Pillow

Actually I feel as if I have been in hiding for the past week, and those are the items I had with me. I feel like I should get a prize for answering correctly. Ha!

If I was going away when not ill, then the answers would be different indeed. For going camping:

1) Husband
2) Dog
3) Sonic Screwdriver--I learned from the Doctor! (See below for info about the sonic screwdriver*)
4) Mary Poppins bottomless carpet bag--you can find EVERYTHING in there
5) Crafting survival kit (Kit includes: Crochet hook, knitting needles, tatting shuttles, yarn, thread, scissors and now newly improved with a drop spindle and roving!)

If I were going to run away just scratch out number 1 above....hmmm ok scratch out number 1 and 2! hahahahaha

*For all you Doctor Who fans, from the Doctor Dances:
Capt. Jack: This can work as a sonic blaster, a sonic canon, and a sonic disrupter. Doc what you got?
Doctor: I've got a sonic uh..well never mind.
Capt. Jack: What?
Doctor: It is sonic let's leave it at that.
Capt. Jack: Disrupter, canon what?
Doctor: It is sonic, totally sonic.
Capt. Jack: A sonic what?!
Doctor: Screwdriver.
Rose: Going down! Doctor are you ok?
Doctor: Could have used a warning.
Rose: There's no gratitude.
Capt. Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
Doctor: I do.
Capt. Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "ooo this could be a little more sonic."
Doctor: You've never been bored?
Rose: There's got to be lights.
Doctor: Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?
Patients: Mummy
Capt. Jack: Door. [Trying to open door with his sonic gadget] Dammit it is these special features they really drain the battery. I was going to send for another one, but somebody's got to blow up the factory! [Looks at the Doctor]
Rose: Oh, I know! The first day we met he blew my job up.
Doctor: Ok, that door should hold it for a bit.
Capt. Jack: The door? The wall didn't stop it.
Doctor: Well it has to find us first. Come on we're not done yet. Assets. Assets.
Capt. Jack: Well I have a banana, and in a pinch you could put up some shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment