Saturday, June 12, 2010

Embroidering my own designs

I've been downloading different software to use to make my own embroidery designs. I finally settled on one. These are the first attempts I made using a photo to embroider and some of my husband's art to embroider. I know there are flaws, but that means I know what I need to learn. And sadly, my thread palette is really small at the moment. I hope to change that slowly over time.



This is a robot my husband drew. There is a slight problem with the mouth. After I stitched this up, I learned how to change the order in which it stitches things, and I'm pretty sure that will help on my next attempt.



This is my dog! She doesn't really have maroon ears of course, but I used that as part of the shadow colors since my thread palette is kind of limited right now.

I really really love my new embroidery/sewing machine! I'm going to make some patches of my parrots to sew on various things as well.

AND IN OTHER NEWS

Go go Gryffindor!!! We won the Quidditch match against Slytherin today. I was the Keeper for Gryffindor, but could not show up on time. I cast a Keeper Charm over the pitch and miraculously no goals were scored even though I was not there. The snitch was found before I arrived. I was a little sad that I missed the game, glad that we won, and happy that my Keeper Charm worked so well!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. What are the dimensions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elizabeth,

    The dimensions of the robot are about 4.5" by 3"

    The one of my dog is 4.5" x 4.5"

    My hoop is larger than that, but I didn't want to go really crazy since these were just first trial runs. I don't think I could go too much wider than that anyway. I think my hoop is 7"x5"

    ReplyDelete